I crave banana bread maximum days, however as a celiac it’s no longer the very best to seek out. Fortunate for me, the grocery store in an upscale space of Oaxaca carries gluten-free flour. This gluten unfastened banana bread recipe makes use of 4 elements from Mexico: 70% natural chocolate with cinnamon from Oaxaca, native coconut oil as an alternative of butter, bananas, and Mexican herbal vanilla extract. I additionally integrated yoghurt to stay the banana bread wet.
I will have to observe that I’m a prepare dinner, no longer a baker; my handiest different baking experiment as a celiac is the Amaretto almond cookies I posted prior to now. So I used to be extraordinarily concerned with how my banana bread would prove. The solution? It used to be scrumptious! So I’m sharing it with you right here.
Wholesome Gluten Loose Banana Bread
The completed product!
- three or four very ripe bananas
- 1 huge egg
- 2 teaspoons of herbal, natural vanilla
- 1 & ½ cups of gluten-free flour (I used Bob’s Crimson Mill Gluten Loose Baking Flour, as it’s to be had on the grocery store right here in Oaxaca!)
- ½ cup of simple Greek yogurt, no sugar added
- 6 tbsp of natural coconut oil (heated till it’s in liquid shape)
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/four teaspoon of salt
- 2.five – three ouncesbar of chocolate from Mexico, damaged into small chunks — that is roughly 1 cup of chocolate.I’m in Oaxaca, so the chocolate is already pre-baked with cinnamon and sugar. Should you’re in the US, you’ll be able to use such a natural Mexican chocolate discs with cinnamon, damaged into small items.Should you use 1 cup of normal chocolate chunks as an alternative, please upload ½ teaspoon of cinnamon on your recipe.
Native elements. Now not pictured: Mexican vanilla, and natural coconut oil.
- Preheat oven to 350 levels and spray a bread pan with non-stick spray or line it with a skinny layer of vegetable oil.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine in combination the flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In a bigger bowl, mash the bananas after which upload the Greek yogurt, egg, brown sugar, vanilla, and coconut oil till well-blended.
- Combine the dry elements into the bigger bowl of rainy elements till blended.
- Slowly upload the chocolate chunks and fold them into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the bread pan.
- Bake for approximately 50-60 mins or till a toothpick comes out blank. (In Oaxaca this took a complete 60 mins, however relying in your oven and altitude, YMMV).
Be sure you cut up the chocolate into sufficiently small items that it doesn’t all sink to the ground
I’ll be posting different recipes from my time in Mexico, together with Brazilian pao de queijo, which I will be able to’t wait to make as a result of I will be able to’t prevent fascinated about it after two weeks in Brazil.
For my recipes, the whole record is right here.
p.s. a large because of my neighbors Anyplace With You for letting me use their oven and bread pan for my masterpiece!
The put up Recipe of the Month:<br /> Gluten Loose Banana Bread with Chocolate from Oaxaca gave the impression first on Criminal Nomads.