When I first started my business trip, I always wondered how to get to the airport lounges. For me, entering the first class lounge was a sign of luxury travel. At that time I did not know about the Priority Pass lounge or how to get an airport passage. But after traveling to more than 70 countries, secrets are now known. Today I share these secrets with you.
We have access to priority transit saloons around the world with our Chase Sapphire Reserve Priority Pass credit card. I also know that there is Priority Pass American Express (or Amex Priority Passage). However, if you do not use one of these credit cards, is it worth buying the Priority Pass Lounge membership alone?
In this Priority Pass report, we explain how to access the airport lounges at more than 1,200 airport lounges around the world.
What is Pass Select Priority
Priority Pass Select Membership is a membership program at an airport salon that is generally accepted through an American financial institution. An example of this is that we have earned our membership through a relationship with Priority Pass credit card with Chase. It is a slightly different product than is generally available. I'll explain.
Benefits of Priority Pass Select include access to priority passes for members. Each Priority Pass Airport lounge is different and really depends on the location of the airport. Through membership in Priority Pass Select, we gain access to Eric and two guests through his card. However, this Pass Select Priority membership is limited to US residents only and may be approved for the Chase Reserve Priority Pass or American Express Platinum Priority Pass credit card. This is to a great extent impossible for international travelers who do not live in the US and even for many Americans. This Priority Pass Lounge show focuses on the type of membership that people who do not have credit cards have access to. But I wanted to notice this difference.
What are the different levels of airport passes?
There are three levels: Standard Priority Pass, Priority Pass Standard Plus, and Priority Pass Prestige. Here are details of all three memberships.
|Membership level||Deciphering||Visit fee||Guest fee||Price||Get a 10% discount|
|Prestige||Full benefits, unrestricted access to airport rooms||All free||$ 27||$ 399||Join now: $ 359|
|Standard Plus||Get 10 free visits a year||10 free visits (for $ 27 per visit)||$ 27||$ 249||Join now: $ 224|
|Standard||Offers discounts on each visited airport||$ 27 a visit||$ 27||$ 99||Join now: $ 89|
Determining which VIP Priority Pass membership is correct depends on how much you travel. If you do not spend tons, Priority Pass Standard Plus may be enough. But if you travel a lot (just like us), the full Priority Pass Prestige is a better value. This also means that you do not need to count visits or pass experiences in the lounge so you can save them for a longer visit. Regarding the standard ID card, it's more like a membership discount in the Priority Pass program because it offers discounts on every visit to the lounge.
What are the advantages of membership in the Priority Pass?
Benefits of Priority Pass include:
- VIP Experience Priority Pass, no matter who you fly with, even if you're flying to cheap airlines such as Southwest or RyanAir
- No need to book in advance
- Access to comfortable airport rooms with free snacks and Wi-Fi
Each membership offers various preferred benefits. It depends on the type of Priority Pass you have. For example, the benefits of some Priority Pass payment cards differ from the benefits of buying direct membership. For direct purchase, for example, some memberships allow access to airport lounges with a Priority Pass membership card. Our Chase credit card program is not. This is one benefit of direct purchase.
Overall, however, Priority Pass provides access to over 1,200 lounges around the world, some 40 of which are located in the US. In some places, the card does not provide access to the lounge, but instead provides credit at an airport restaurant. This is becoming a trend. Priority Pass Lounge is the largest network of airport salons.
Get discounts with priority cards – register here and get 10% of your first year.
So is Priority Pass Lounge Access Worth It?
We have a Priority Pass on the Chase Sapphire Reserve, which is not cheap. It's $ 450 a year, but it comes with an advantage for the load. Accessing the Priority Pass Lounge is just one of the benefits.
Even if we did not have access to the Chase Priority Pass Lounge, I would still buy this membership. It's one of the best benefits we get from the Chase Sapphire Reserve. The prize ticket price is only $ 389 (before a 10% discount) and provides free entrance to the airport lounge at more than 1,200 lounges around the world, including our "home" airport in Barcelona. I will say that many of these lounges are outside the US, like almost 1200 of them. So it is really an advantage for international travelers who do not go to the business class and otherwise have access to the airport lounge.
Perhaps if we had a status with one of the largest airlines, we would not need this approach. But we no longer live in the US, so we do not have a status with one of the largest airlines. And just as we try to fly the business class, many of our shorter trips are not in the business class, so we would not get access to the lounge without our Chase Sapphire Priority Pass survey.
And, as a rule, there is the possibility to use the Priority Pass priority card for access to the lounge, even if you forget your physical card at home. Something we fought in Frankfurt years ago when we did not allow us to enter the Star Alliance lounge just based on our condition on our boarding line. We needed our own card. The Priority Pass Airport Club is not a problem.
How we use access to our aviation salon
In general, it is much more enjoyable to be in the airport lounge rather than in the "general public". Maybe it makes me snob. I like to think he's a professional traveler. There is food and drink, and usually alcohol, along with WiFi and private bathroom. So is the priority pass? In general, every time I sit in the Priority Pass lounge during our trips, and sign up for the Internet, I get a glass of wine, some snacks and a bottle of water to bring on board, I could scream yes!
On our way from Jamaica, we have made full use of our club club membership. At the Montego Bay airport, the safety line was so long that I was spinning. But I saw that Priority Pass members had to skip the line! It saved us for at least 45 minutes. We were also able to push another Jamaican meat pie, all in the lounge!
Are you looking for the best notebook for travelers? Check out our Ultimate Travel Laptop Buying Guide
And on our way from Düsseldorf we had time to kill when we had to leave our hotel and when our flight took off. In summer, it was particularly hot in Germany, and the airport generally feels overheated. But it was pleasantly cool in the Priority Pass Düsseldorf. I liked the last German beer with air con, and in fact I pulled my laptop and wrote me two hours while charging my devices. I felt much more productive. It was one of those times when the access to the airport was more like a miracle!
We also used our lounge entrance to spend unbearable hiding places in the Middle East, a little more bearable!
Get access to some of the best airport lounges around the world with the Priority Pass Lounge membership card.
Frequently Asked Questions – What is a Priority Pass?
- Where can I access the list of priority halls? The best and most up-to-date list is in Priority Pass. Also, every lounge at each airport has a list of who has access. So, even if the passenger is not sure, follow the VIP VIP lounge tags to see if the Priority Pass Lounge logo is the logo. You will be surprised to find the Priority Pass airport lounge.
- Can I Transfer Priority Pass Select a guest in the lounge? Priority Pass guest policy depends on the type of membership you have.
- Are there any restrictions on access to Priority Pass? Each airport premium lounge has limitations and the limitations of the Priority Pass offer depend on the membership level and the individual lounge. Some, for example, limit the time in the lounge to two or three hours or the number of alcoholic beverages. This means that even if we saw the "limitation" of access to the Priority Pass Airport lounge, such as the number of hours or drinks, we never had the trouble to get a third drink or stay a little longer during the break.
- What is the Priority Pass? The price depends on the membership level and ranges from 89 to 389 USD.
- Do I always need my ticket to the airport? If you buy a membership directly from Priority Pass, it offers a digital membership card. This means that it is possible to apply today and have access to the lounge tomorrow!
- Do you need to reserve access to the airport lounge? If you hold a membership in the Priority Pass Lounge, definitely not! I have heard from people who have tried to buy a daily passage on the Priority Pass lounges that they are full. But we have never been averted by our Priority Pass.
* This post contains correlated links. Find more information in my RESPONSIBILITY.
The Priority Pass Lounge – Is This Airport Lounge Successful? she first appeared with her husband in Tow.